Coaching Staff Requirements
The following clearances are mandatory for all coaches (paid and volunteer). All clearances (originals) must be turned in to the Athletic Office prior to coaching at Greensburg Salem. There are a total of 11 requirements. Please make copies of all clearances for your own records.
1. PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34)
Register and pay the $10 fee with a valid credit card. You must print this clearance. It will NOT be mailed to you.
2. PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
Register and pay the $10 fee with a valid credit card. Results will be immediate. If you register electronically, you must print this clearance. It will NOT be mailed to you.
Register and pay the $27.00 fee with a valid credit card. (Make sure you are registering under the Department of Education.) Once registered, print the receipt. Take receipt to the nearest fingerprinting location (The UPS Store 3059, Greensburg) and submit prints. Once your fingerprints have been scanned, submit the receipt as your proof. The clearance will be mailed to you. Please submit original clearance as soon as you receive it in the mail.
4. Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form - This must be filled out, signed and returned yearly.
5. http://concussionwise.com/for-coaches (ConcussionWise) - After completing course, print out Certificate of Completion and turn in to Athletic Office.
6. www.gopats.org (CardiacWise)
Click on this link, then go to PATS Quick Links. Click on CardiacWise (in lower right-hand corner) and then Enroll Now. After completing course, print out Certificate of Completion and turn in to Athletic Office.
7. http://allergyready.com (Allergy Ready)
Select register tab and create a user name and password. Log into the site. Select the CARE course tab at the top of the page and begin the training. After completing course, print out Certificate of Completion and turn in to Athletic Office.
8. Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter Training - Select registration at the top of the page. During registration, please answer “No” to the question, “Are you Licensed or applying for a license through one of the following Pennsylvania boards?” unless you are a licensed professional listed in the drop down menu.
9. GS Policies Receipt Signature Page (Please sign and return receipt form to Athletic Office. Copies of all GS policies are below for your own records.)
10. Physical (There is no specific form required, just written verification from a doctor.)
11. TB Test Results
12. American Sport Education Program (ASEP) - Coaching Principles Course and Sports First-Aid Course for Coaches ($95.00). This course is given by Ms. Jobe at dates to be determined.